So I decided it was time to make the lemony goodness of the Summertime Spaghetti recipe. This is a good one since it allowed me to use one of my favorite tools as well, my Deep Covered Baker. For this one I actually got smart and halved the recipe, since 12 oz. of pasta for two people is just a bit too much, but listed below is the entire recipe.
12 oz uncooked thin spaghetti noodles
2 cans reduced-sodium chicken broth (about 3½ cups)
1 cup grape tomatoes
3 garlic cloves, peeled
1 oz fresh Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup fresh parsley
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
1 cup small broccoli florets
1. Zest lemons using Microplane® Zester to measure 1 tbsp; set aside. Juice lemons using Juicer to measure ¼ cup.
2. Break noodles in half. Combine noodles, broth and lemon juice in Deep Covered Baker.
3. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 11-13 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed stirring once halfway through cooking using Chef’s Tongs. When halving the recipe be sure to watch how quickly the liquid absorbs!!
4. Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise using Color Coated Tomato Knife. Grate Parmesan using Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater.
5. Process garlic, Parmesan, parsley, zest, oil and pepper in Manual Food Processor until parsley is finely chopped.
6. Carefully remove baker from microwave using Microwave Grips. Add Parmesan mixture to baker; mix well using Chef’s Tongs.
7. Stir in tomatoes, chicken and broccoli. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
I did actually add the tomatoes I just made sure I didn't end up with any in my bowl! Kevin enjoyed the tomatoes.