1 (6 oz) can lump crabmeat
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 (12 oz) package wonton wrappers
1 egg, beaten (I totally forgot to save an egg this week so I ended up using water instead, worked just fine!)
1 cup milk
1 (1.3 oz) package creamy tomato sauce mix (recommended: Knorr)
2 tablespoons butter
Chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Drain crabmeat, reserving liquid.
2. In a small bowl, combine crabmeat, cheese, and Italian seasoning.
4. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
5. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine milk and reserved crab liquid over medium-high heat. Whisk in sauce, add butter, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Keep sauce warm over low heat while you boil the ravioli.
6. In batches of 6 to 8, drop ravioli into boiling water.
7. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until ravioli rise to the surface. With a slotted spoon, carefully transfer ravioli to sauce. Repeat until all ravioli are cooked. Divide ravioli equally among 8 plates.
8. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
This recipe was a big hit in our house plus it was simple to make on a weeknight with a fresh green salad. Next time we make this I would space the filling out a little more and actually add the cooked ravioli to the sauce like the original directions said! They got a little stuck together when we went back for seconds.